I have to admit I’m a “case-a-holic”. Over the years I’ve owned and used numerous cases for my camera gear, phones, laptops and iStuff (iPhones & iPads). This is the first case I’ve ever owned for an iPhone that fits perfectly and feels good in my hand. The LifeProof™ iPhone case has “Four Proofs” – water, dirt, snow & shock. That’s a plus since my iPhone is always with me whether I’m out shooting (camera), working in the yard or trail riding on my horse. You never know what conditions you might encounter.
Apart for protecting my iPhone against the elements and accidents, here are the features I like the most about this great iPhone case:
- Very slim (not bulky like the Otterbox cases) it adds only 1/16” (1.5mm) to the depth of your iPhone and weighs less than an ounce (28g).
- Unique combination of materials that will not stick to material. No more struggling to get the phone out of my pocket.
- You can swim with it (up to 6.6 feet/2 meters). That means no more worrying about protecting my phone when I’m caught in the rain!
- Shock and impact protection (6.6 feet/2 meters drop on all surfaces and edges). I don’t know about you, but some days my iPhone just “flies” out of my hand!
- The headphone jack cover screws in at the top of the case preventing dust and water from getting inside.
- Ingenious waterproof headphone adapter for
The only issues I have with the LifeProof™ iPhone case is the volume & mute buttons are somewhat difficult to manipulate, but I can certainly live with that. There is also a “pillow” issue where the screen cover gets some air trapped between it and the phone when you first seal it, but this settles in after a few days.
All-in-all, the LifeProof™ case offers the absolutely best protection for my iPhone in the smallest possible package.
Note: Even though the case by itself can withstand temperatures from -40°F (-40°C) to 140°F (60°C), Apple recommends that your iPhone should stay between 32°F (or 0°C) and 95°F (or 35°C).